Monday, May 11, 2009

29 Week Update....

Well, today I am 29 weeks and 1 day pregnant! Ive gained 14 lbs total now.

We have about 76 more days or 11 weeks. I had the hours calculated earlier but can't remember now and am definitely not going to break out the calculator again...

At 29 weeks I am doing kick counts. This basically means that if I cant remember feeling the baby move for a while I lie down for an hour and count how many times I feel her kick or move. There should be 10 movements within the hour.

Caylee wasn't moving very well that last few days which was very scary. Actually Tuesday (May 5) and Wednesday (May 6) nights were spent at the hospital.

On Tuesday I went to the hospital because I'd had horrible (crippling) contractions for two days straight. I was monitored and since I wasn't dilating, went home. Well at my follow-up with my OB the next day they decided I needed to go right back to the hospital for an ultrasound!

After going home for just a bit we decided to be safe and go back to the hospital instead of waiting to see how I felt. We got there at 7:30 pm and did not leave until 2:30 am...we never even got the ultrasound. The tech was missing for hours and we were both way too upset, hungry, and impatient to wait! 

So, I called my OB and scheduled an in-office ultrasound which was today! 

Like I said earlier, I am 29 weeks and 1 day but the big news is that the baby is measuring a week and a half bigger! She is only technically supposed to weigh between 2.5-2.75 lbs but is 3 pounds and 10 ounces!!! She has finally moved into the head down position and is breathing! It was amazing to see her mouth opening and closing and to watch her chest rise and fall!  

I didn't get any pictures to share because she was too big for the monitor. All I could really see was one body part at a time! I will tell you this though, she looked beautiful :) I was so excited to see her and to learn that she is so healthy. I was very worried about her being small since I am still under the suggested weight . Daddy had to miss the ultrasound and was VERY unhappy about it. He had to go back to work so I reenacted the whole visit when we got home...

In other news...

The baby's brain is now able to control her breathing and body temperature.

She can cough, hiccup, and her sucking abilities have been perfected.

She is about the length of a loaf of bread.

I still cant sleep because I'm too uncomfy.

and back is beginning to hurt even more.....



No comments: