Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Oh my back...

Dear Caylee-

I just thought I would let you know how wonderful your daddy is. Yesterday was a very rough day for you and I. I'd been having terrible contractions for two days. I could hardly move and pretty much just sat crying. Your daddy was very sad and worried. He wishes he could make me feel better...He rubbed my back and lifted me every time I needed to go to the bathroom.

Well I finally called the doctor (yesterday morning) and she said we needed to go to the hospital because I should not be having so many painful contractions. We got sent home after not too long and scheduled an appointment with the doctor (which is at 4pm today).

So...daddy knew how sad I was and also how badly my back has been hurting. You, my dear, are getting rather large and so are putting a lot of strain on my back! Well, your daddy called me and said to get dressed because we were going to pick out a new mattress!

We went to two places and your daddy's main concern was that he could not feel when I got in and out of bed to use the bathroom! According to him I wake him up every 10 minutes when I pry myself off the bed! We finally settled on a great mattress that isn't too hard (he likes soft beds) but has enough support for you and I. Your daddy thinks he is a funny guy and when you get here you will have to just ignore some of the things he says...don't ever tell him you want watermelon by the way....

Our first night sleeping on the mattress was amazing! I woke up without a sore back!!! Also, daddy had no clue how many times I'd gotten up (which by the way was only 3)!

Your mommy is a very lucky lady and so proud that your daddy is so happy and supportive. He leaves doors open (which drives me insane), doesn't always put stuff back where it belongs (also drives me insane), and snores....but he also talks to you every single day, kisses us all the time, and takes very good care of both of us. We are very lucky and you will love him very much. He is already crazy about you!

No comments: