Thursday, May 21, 2009

Baby Registries

I really wasn't sure if I'd be having a baby shower or not since I live so far away from all of my family and most of my friends. We decided to go ahead and register anyway just in case. 

I had NO idea how hard it was going to be! First I made a long list of everything we will need for the first 3 months, 6 months, and then year of our daughter's life. The list is very long but has just the basics, including number of diapers, outfits, bath stuff, some furniture, etc.

Once the list was done we decided on where we wanted to register. I ended up picking a place online called Baby Earth. I liked them because they have very pretty things that are all eco-friendly. He picked Babies R Us just because it's an obvious choice. 

Now, one would think that with my detailed list the actual registering would be easy...it wasn't! It took us about a week to go through and pick things out that we both agreed on. The hardest thing was not picking everything that we liked. I tried to pick things that ranged in prices and that will grow with her. 

I tried to be practical with most of my selections while he picked anything that was pink. I think it's fair to say that men have about a 10 minute attention span when it comes to shopping (unless it's for electronics) so he wasn't really much help! The registering is finally all done and I am so happy and feel like I can cross one huge item off of my never-ending list!

ETA: I checked out the registry today and more is gone!!! That means people are actually using the online registries and so we didn't waste hours of our time! I cannot tell you how exciting it is to be able to cross things off the list. 

65 days left and so much to do.....



No comments: