Friday, June 5, 2009

Just a quick hello...

Caylee Renee 

Today you are 32 weeks and 5 days old! That means you have about 51 days left until you are supposed to be born! I am getting extremely excited! I cannot believe how quickly time has gone by! You have no idea how much your mom, dad, grandparents, and aunts want to meet you! Of course soon you will get to meet them and we will all fight over who gets to hold you. Don't worry, mommy will win every time!

At this point in time you could be born and you'd be just fine! You are almost fully developed and we are just waiting on your lungs to mature. At our last ultrasound you were breathing just fine though! Your dad was VERY sad that he missed it (he rushed to the doctor from work but then it took too long and he had to leave again). You were so big that I could only see sections of you at a time but from what I saw, you are one beautiful little girl...

In the past few weeks things have been ok. I haven't been having too many contractions lately but have been having some other issues that are all normal. You are getting so big (and strong) that the other night I was laying in bed and you were kicking against the mattress and it was so hard we could actually hear the thumps! Your kicks are actually quite violent and I'm hoping that it doesn't mean you will be a handful when you are born. 

You are very very active! The last few nights I haven't gotten much sleep and I found that you are most active from 2-4am! You kick and punch me all day, but during that time it's the most painful and is really non-stop. Your daddy still likes to "play" with you by tapping on my belly and making you kick! It's really the most adorable thing in the world. He is so excited and I'm sure will never want to put you down once you are born!

He kisses you every night and most mornings. He talks to you everyday and tells you to say daddy first...I'm really not happy about this!!! I think that I am the one who has carried you all of this time so you should say mommy! Oh well, I guess we will let you decide! 

In other news: I have been getting dizzy still but eating better has been helping some; I've been having a really hard time breathing when I lay down (this is actually pretty scary); and my sciatic pain is back! Any time I lift a leg I have shooting pain that extends from my lower back to mid thigh. While I miss the old me (the one that could see her feet and reach her toes) I am so excited by the changes that are happening to my body and that I am supporting you while you get big and strong enough to survive in the world. I cannot wait to see you!

Oh, today is Friday and we are having our first baby shower TOMORROW!!! Your grandma Nancy is hosting it! You will like her a lot and have tons of fun with her. When you get older you will get to play with the dogs and the cat. She will also teach you how to play random games like Yahtzee). I am so excited to get out of the house (since I'm pretty much stuck here everyday), interact with other adults, and to get to celebrate you with some of your family!!!

My mom (your Nana) really wanted to surprise me and come to the shower but she has to stay home and study. Your Nana is a very busy lady but she loves you very much and really wishes that she could be here. It's really hard for her not to have seen me more but I know that she would if she could. When you get older you will get to go stay with Nana and Paw Paw and they will spoil you and let you run the house just like they do with Landon now. (By the way Landon is your cousin and the cutest little baby boy ever: You guys will be a year and a half apart.)

Well, it's getting late and I need to do something productive! You're sleeping now so I may go take a nap too :)

I'll have pictures tomorrow from the baby shower!!

No comments: