Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Baby Shower!




On the 6th I had my first baby shower! Grandma Nancy was the host and did an amazing job! I got to the house a little late (what else is new) and was surprised by all the decorations! 

I hadn't done any of the planning and so had no clue what would be going on or who would be there. Everything was done in pink (gift bags, balloons, plates, etc) just the way I would have done it. 

We played a few games that I stunk at! My favorite thing we did was guessing how many squares of toilet paper it would take to wrap around my belly. I cannot tell you how shocked I was to see how much tissue everyone was unrolling! It must have been my outfit because everyone thought I was HUGE! 

I'm happy to say that it only took 10 squares and I guessed this exact number (I finally won a prize)!! I probably liked this activity the most because it's the only thing I could guess correctly...

We did all of the usual shower activities and I had a really great time. Oh, and ate a ton of delicious cake. I met some new family which was wonderful and also got some really great presents for our little girl.

Her closet it getting full, the furniture is also all in place! I think my favorite gift was the play yard from Grandma! It was the one I registered for and matches everything perfectly. 

Sadly, my mom couldn't make it down for the shower, but she and dad did send a box of "stuff" for the baby! I didn't get the box until Sunday but I was very excited when I saw it in the mail. They got the baby some beautiful outfits (most of the shower gifts were blankets and onesies), socks, hats, etc.

I had the most amazing time and now just need to send out thank you cards....Our next shower is this Sunday and I cant wait! Now that things are getting done I'm realizing how close July is.

No comments: