Tuesday, June 30, 2009

36 Weeks =)

I stopped by the doctor yesterday because I was worried that maybe my water had broken!!! Well, technically I thought it was leaking and I was having contractions.... Turns out, it was a false alarm.

I called and told our families that my water may have broken and everyone was so excited (which made me excited), finding out that nothing was happening was really disappointing. I can't wait to get to hold Caylee and for my family to be here and get to see her! I want her to be fully developed and not have to be in the special care nursery so I'm trying to be patient. I keep picturing what she will look like and it's driving me NUTS!

False alarms are NOT fun, it just makes things even harder! I idid find out yesterday that I am now a "finger-tip" dilated and that Caylee is continuing to move downward (which is a great sign).

***

So, I had my 36 week check-up today. I gained 2 lbs which is really good since I lost weight last week. My blood pressure continues to be low (which is making me shaky and tired) and the doctor attributes that to my not eating enough (she didn't see the huge steak I had for dinner or the 3 peaches I ate for dessert).

I was checked for GBS again (Im positive) and so will have to have IV antibiotics during labor.

I am also officially off bed rest! I am supposed to be "taking it easy" for the next week. Once I get to 37 weeks Caylee will be considered full-term and it will be safe for me to deliver her. I am so happy, I miss being able to walk or swim.

***

36 weeks down means 4 more to go. We are about done with the nursery although we still need to hang the border (pink and green butterflies) and rearrange a few things. We also need to install the car seat and then I'll have it inspected at the fire station. I think the final thing would be washing all of her clothes and blankets. I've been putting that off because her closet is so organized and I don't want to ruin it!

It's very exciting knowing that she could be born at any moment and we'd be ready for her! I am getting so excited, and surprisingly not nervous about labor (that may change).

No comments: