Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Bed Rest....

I just got back from my doctors appointment. I called yesterday because Id been having terrible contractions for 3 days (today is day 4). I've also had more pressure and been downright miserable. They scheduled me for the next day (which is today).

Usually at our doctor you are called back to pee in the cup, get weighed, and have your blood pressure checked. After all of this they send you back to the waiting room while they clean a room for you.

Well today they kept me back there and also put me ahead of 6 other people that were waiting. My blood pressure was normal 110/62 and I gained 2 lbs which was great since I'd lost 2 at the last appointment (a week before). They were really happy about that, and now at 34 weeks and 2 days I have gained 20 lbs.

I was seem by Mercedes who is the midwife. We listened to Caylee's heart beat which was a normal 148-152. We talked about the contractions (frequency and intensity) and I was told to come right to the office next time (if I don't want to go tot he hospital more) since I'd already been treated for pre term contractions.

Mercedes did the internal exam (I was having contractions at the time) and said that while I'm not dilated my cervix is definitely softening/thinning. She could also feel the baby's head. I had a couple more contractions after she did the exam that were very painful. She told me that with my history I need to be on bed rest for two weeks (until 36 weeks). If I continue to have contractions through tomorrow I will have to go to the hospital to have another shot (to stop contractions).

I was already supposed to be "taking it easy", but now I can't leave the house unless I'm going to the doctor. I can get up long enough to cook, eat, and go to the bathroom and that's it. No lifting bending etc. At 36 weeks I will be checked (for dilation) and we will decide what to do at that point.

While I am very anxious to meet Caylee and very much in pain (can't wait for that to be over), I want to be sure she wouldn't have to be in the special care unit when I do have her. According to Mercedes, if I have her now that's exactly what would happen. So, I'm going to try my hardest to follow the doctors instructions. The doctors are worried that I could have Caylee any time and so will be watching me very closely....

No comments: