Wednesday, August 5, 2009

One week old

Caylee is one week old already! She is truly amazing and a gift from God. I am so excited to see how she changes in the coming weeks/months.

She is sleeping beside me at the moment and it's hard to do anything besides sit and stare at her.

She smiles a lot and loves to make faces. She has been making eye contact with me and that makes me smile every time.

She is doing a pretty good job eating/sleeping. I can guess daily about what time she will be ready to sleep or eat. She is usually getting up about 3 times during the night to eat. During the day she has 2 looooong naps. She is eating on demand only and so I don't wake her up at all.

So, Caylee is doing really well.

I am having some trouble with getting used to things. I have a huge task ahead of me and despite my hardest efforts I am doubting my ability as a mom. I just worry that I won't be able to do enough or keep her safe. Motherhood is a huge job and one that I want to do very well. I think, know, that I'm just a perfectionist and so am putting unnecessary pressure on myself.

I want Caylee to have the best life possible and worry that I'm not giving her that.

Physically I'm doing about the same as anyone who has a 1 week old baby. I'm exhausted, sore, and exhausted....

I went to the doctor today because of severe stomach pain (high up) that makes it nearly impossible for me to walk or pick up the baby. I had blood drawn to check my liver function and gallbladder. In a week I'll go back to the doctor.

I'm so thankful that God has entrusted me with this gorgeous baby girl and am just waiting until things calm down some.

No comments: