Thursday, April 16, 2009

25 Weeks 4 Days

Whats happening with my little princess this week:

Well first off...I have 100 more days until the EDD!!! After today we will be in the double digits and I am so excited!

I also just saw a little knee or elbow poke about an inch and a half from my stomach! Up until now I have only seen what looks like a ball rolling around in there. Well I was sitting here and lifted my shirt to watch her roll around and then there it was! A little limb! It scared me so much, I didnt even want to touch her in case I could possibly break something! I can't wait until she gets bigger (minus the rib kicking).

So...moving on, what else is happening this week??

Well apparently my uterus is now about the size of a volleyball. Caylee's "hands are now fully developed and she spends most of her awake time groping around in the darkness of my uterus". 

Brain and nerve endings are developed enough now so that she can feel the sensation of touch! 

Her nostrils, which have been plugged up until now, clear out (like she's taken a super-dose of Sudafed) and she can practice breathing through the nose. (This is one of the reasons I was so excited to make it to 24 weeks...the babies odds of surviving go way up after this point)!

Your baby weighs a little over a pound and a half and is about 13½ inches long—roughly the length of one of those recorders you played in elementary school music class.

See that giant plant next to the quarter...thats how big Caylee is this week! (BTW)

***I have to go to the doctor now because I am not feeling great so Ill let everyone know whats going on when I get back! Caylee is kicking up a storm still and so I think she says "HI"***

1 comment:

Tova said...

Hope you are feeling better- good to know babies are that big now cause I am feeling huge:)