Thursday, April 30, 2009

Decorating the Nursery...


We FINALLY bought baby stuff yesterday! I was so excited. 

After wandering around Babies R Us for a while (without picking up a single thing) we finally picked out a great mattress that was on sale and then spent a while deciding on mattress covers. 

Ill just say now that it is amazing that the two of us can get anything done because we are both SO indecisive!

After getting the mattress we decided that we would just buy the bedding and decorations for the nursery. I'd originally picked out an amazing set (from another store) that was done in greens, creme, and brown. I absolutely LOVED it! Daddy however, says we are having a girl and therefore need GIRL colors!

After about an hour of going back and forth between several sets (6 piece sets) we decided to just mix and match! Our theme is now BUTTERFLIES! We picked out adorable bedding that is pink, green, and white with little butterflies all over. 

Anyway, our shopping trip ended early because I was hormonal and started crying!! I wanted his input on EVERYTHING while he just wanted me to get what I wanted...
Of course this caused me to think he did not care and wasn't playing an active role! I cried and cried and cried....so we had to go home!

Our trip that was supposed to result in the entire nursery being decorated turned into us only getting the bed done! I felt bad for crying and then sad that I didn't buy more stuff but I'm so happy now with what we got!

Soon, we will shop more to finish the nursery and then I will share pictures! I can't tell you how exciting it is to walk past the nursery and see something besides just the furniture!!!!


No comments: