Monday, April 20, 2009

26 weeks down and 14 to go!

I made it to 26 weeks on Sunday and although I still felt awful from the contractions I was still excited! Every week brings something new! 

So without further ado...here's what happens during week 26:

The baby will start looking more like a "normal baby," the way he or she will appear at birth. 
We are going to do a 3D Ultrasound soon and so will get to see our little girl! We are waiting just a little bit longer so that she puts on a little more weight. It's really amazing how clear the 3D pictures are!!!

Although the baby's eyes have been sealed shut for the last few months to allow the retinas to develop, they are likely opening and beginning to blink during week 26 of pregnancy.
I am so excited to see what the baby will look like! I can't wait to see if she looks more like mommy or daddy. Since Daddy isn't too bad looking (haha) I guess either way she will be beautiful!

She responds to touch.
This is pretty entertaining these days. She constantly kicks anytime something is on my stomach! At the hospital she ONLY kicked the monitor that was right on my bellybutton and now when either of us have our hand on my belly she kicks it!

My uterus is now about 2½ inches above your belly button.
I have a nice baby bump now and you can tell where my uterus is stopping! There is an indention almost 3 inches above my belly button. I can't believe she is almost big enough to kick me in the ribs...oh boy!!!

FUN FACT: The eye color of all babies in mother’s womb is blue and will change later in life. Some babies are born with a darker shade of blue and others are born with a lighter blue shade. 

No comments: