Friday, April 10, 2009

Mother Always Knows...

After the pregnancy was confirmed I thought back to a few strange conversations I'd had with my mom and aunt... 

I went home for Thanksgiving and heard about dreams that my Aunt Teresa had been having. According to her, someone was going to be having a baby girl! Unbeknownst to us, I was already 2 weeks pregnant (with a girl). 

My mom kept commenting on how I looked different in some way. According to her my breasts were huge and I looked a little "bloated". She asked me about 5 times if something was going on or if I needed to tell her anything!! All I could say was, "mom you are crazy", there was nothing for me to tell! 

I went back home to Virginia again for Christmas and was welcomed by a barrage of questions from my mom. According to her I was glowing and looked "different". My sisters told me over and over that mom thought I was pregnant. Anytime I held my nephew or played with him, I could feel my mom's eyes on me! The amazing thing is that I was only about 8 weeks pregnant at this point and would not end up going to the doctor for about 3 more weeks!!! Mom always knows...  

No comments: