Friday, April 10, 2009

Feb 9 2009 *Shopping*


Monday (the 9th) we had a doctor's appointment. I was 16 weeks and 2 days, and so this was the 16 week check-up. The doctors at the practice are all really nice. There a a few OB's and a Midwife. I really like the Midwife (Mercedes) and will see her the most. The baby's HB was about 156 and everything looked like it was going great. We got an ultrasound just to see her and were very excited. She had a huge head and very long legs. We both almost cried... 

After leaving the doctor's office we called both of our families to tell them that everything is going great and then WENT SHOPPING! We walked around Babies R Us for a very long time before settling on a nursery set that we both loved. It was cherry wood and very pretty! We didn't know the sex still but the set would look great either way. We prepared to pay and so I called my mom to tell her about the set. My mom, being the genius that she is, asked if the crib converted....ummmmm. Apparently 400 dollars on a crib that does not convert is crazy. So we had to walk around the store AGAIN and find something else that we liked. We settled on the SoHo 5-in-1 convertible crib. It is beautiful! The set has a black finish and sleigh style. It will hopefully last for a very long time! We ordered it and they said it should arrive in a week!!!!! 

For Valentine's Day I came home to a big surprise! The nursery door was closed which was odd because we always leave it open. I opened the door and walked in the room and the furniture was there!!!!! It came a couple days early as a surprise for me. I could have cried I was so excited! We spent the afternoon building the crib and putting everything where we wanted it. Of course, I'd already drawn a "map" and so knew exactly how I wanted the nursery set up. It was a great day and every single time I walk past the nursery I peek in and get excited! I can't wait to get everything else in the room.  

No comments: