Friday, April 10, 2009

Telling The Family

On Feb 7th (Saturday) I was working at the gym and really wanted to share the news with my mom. I was very nervous and so instead sent her a text message that said I needed to tell her something! I know, I know, that was awful, but the only way I could get it out! 

After several text messages sent back and forth she finally just asked if we were going to have a baby and I started crying again (thank you hormones). I told her it was ok if she was upset and didn't want to ever talk to me again (again..thanks hormones). Meanwhile, I was at the gym and had a few very confused clients not sure what was going on with me... I eventually calmed down and so throughout the day talked to my mom and grandma about 10 times. I was so relieved to have the support and love of my family! I asked mom call my dad and tell him because I was overwhelmed and also worried about his reaction. She explained everything to him and I later talked to him found out that he was very happy for me and couldn't wait to have another grandchild. My mom then called her sisters and I called mine. 

I told Cortney on the phone and she was very happy and rambled on and on about Landon having a cousin to play with and how cute I'd be pregnant! I think Cortney's first question was what did mom say! Leslie was online (Facebook) and so I sent her a message that said you're going to be an aunt! She was more excited than I think I'd ever seen/heard her!!! Both sisters asked if they could start telling people and so I told them sure. Then I called my older sister Darnicia who said she couldn't wait and knew it was going to be a girl!!! 

Overall I could not have been more pleased with how both families took the news! It was definitely a weight off my shoulders to finally have them all knowing what was going on! Ever since that first day everyone has been very supportive and always ready to offer advice!  

No comments: